»


Monday, November 11, 2013

OBJECTION!



....says Phoenix Wright.

 Alright, so the last unit I was studying at my school was about Argumentative Writing and debates. I don't like debates, to be honest. It reminds me of what happened in the last grade where I had debate as a final mark. (The teacher LOVES debates!) *shudder* ...Anyway, so this time we were supposed to make two assignments :

1. We were supposed to debate on why Globalization makes a brighter future. ( I was on the Pro side.) 

2. We were supposed to make an argumentative essay on any subject we chose. Mine was about How Guns should not be sold to the public. 


Anyway, the first assignment took us two weeks to do, and the teacher who was marking us wasn't our teacher, it was another English teacher. I was so nervous, I would've broke down any time, but I didn't, which was a success! Although I was shaking like I lived in the arctic without a coat, I actually aced through the debate....phew. I thought that I would lose...but I won! Yay! The other team was really tough, but I'm just glad we passed the debate. Maybe next time, I would input more things into my debate, and try not to shake like someone who just came from massaging, ha ha. ^.^


Now onto the argumentative writing. My teacher who normally teaches us said that she was disappointed. She said that most of the argumentative writings were disappointing, because we all had potential , only we didn't use it well. Normally she would all be happy and cheerful but it looked like she was really disappointed. I was really nervous so I went last to ask my scores on the argumentative writing. I thought I got a horrible score, but just when the lesson had ended... I finally got up and asked.....and suddenly my score waaaaas....


AWESOME! 

Oh my gosh! yay! And I was so nervousssssss.....

I thought I got a horrible score because there was SO many grammar mistakes, I thought I was going to get like a 18/24, or a 16/24 but I got a 23/24! Oh wow! And that's one of the highest scores in the WHOLE grade! I don't know what was better, the fact that I was shaking but I got a great score, or that I was actually nervous which turned out to be just anxiousness, haha. Alright, so the assignments and its scores were fun and this is the reflection on them.

I probably need to improve my grammar, and this is because I lack reading books. I should probably hit up the library and read more books to improve my grammar even more. I also need to watch my work, because my font was unrecognizable at the Internet Cafe, and it became random Webdings font. I think that's all, bye bye~

OBJECTION! 

DETECTIVE , OUT!

0 comments:

Starbucks Frappuccino